Collingham is an independent, co-educational GCSE and Sixth Form college
Collingham is an independent, co-educational GCSE and Sixth Form college, which was founded in 1975.
International students are welcomed at Collingham, which is recognised by the UK Border Agency as a Highly Trusted Sponsor for Tier 4 Visa applicants. Approximately 20% of our students come from outside the UK, some from Europe and some from the rest of the world. Collingham’s small classes help students to get to know each other and make friends. International students are given particular help to prepare their UCAS application for university entry. Each year, over 90% of Collingham’s leavers go on to study at their first choice university.
Collingham provides international students with a number of recommendations for local accommodation from family homestays to dedicated student residences.
Each year, several international Collingham students stay in nearby Barnes. The accommodation there includes a room with en-suite bathroom, breakfast, evening meal and laundry. Please contact us for further information and click on the images below.
To be accepted for admission to the Sixth Form (to begin A level courses), all students must meet the following criteria:
- Level of educational attainment equivalent to at least five passes at GCSE/O level or equivalent
- Level of English Language at IELTS level 5 (minimum) or equivalent
- Satisfactory reports from the current or previous school
- Interview with the Principal/Deputy Principal (face-to-face, telephone or SKYPE)
- Completed Registration Form signed by the fee-payer
Additionally, the UK Border Agency rules require that the following documents be provided to support applications from international students who come from outside the European Union:
- Proof of identity (photocopy of passport)
- Proof of educational attainment (diplomas, certificates etc)
- Proof of English Language level (IELTS diploma or equivalent)
- Payment in advance of the Registration Fee (£200) and at least the first term’s fees (a discount of 10% is offered for payment in advance of the full year’s fees in advance)
Once all the criteria have been met, Collingham will issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies through the UKBA website. This will enable students to apply for a Tier 4 (student) Visa.