The International University Foundation Programme
The International University Foundation Programme (IUFP) is a one year full-time pre-degree course, which offers students direct entry route to prestiogious British Universities for degree courses in the United Kingdom. The programme is aimed at international students including those based in the United Kingdom and seeking direct admittance into leading British Universities after one year of study and without needing to undertake the two year GCE ’A’ Levels course. Students successfully completing the IUFP will progress to degree courses in leading British Universities that have either signed Progression Agreements with Middlesex College of Law or informally recognised the IUFP.
Benefits of IUFP
- 1. Provides a one year fast-track alternative direct entry route to prestigious UK Universities for Degree courses in up to 65 disciplines.
- 2. Enables students to secure direct admittance into leading British Universities without the need to undertake a two year GCE A levels course.
- 3. Allows students to progress to a wide range of degree courses, which include Accounting, Business, Computing, Finance, Information Technology, International Relations, International Development, Law, Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Politics, etc.
- 4. Option to select leading UK Universities of choice, which include Aberystwyth University, Middlesex University, University of Derby, University of Greenwich, University of Hertfordshire, University of West London, University of Portsmouth, and University of Southampton amongst others.
- 5. Equips students with the skills required to ease into degree programmes of their choice once they arrive in the United Kingdom.
- 6. Familiarises students with the standard of academic study obtained in UK Universities.
- 7. Gives students a thorough grounding in British History and Institutions and prepares them for life in the United Kingdom.
Students must be at least 16 years old and possess at least 5 Credits at GCSE ‘O’ Level standard (or equivalent), which must include English language and Mathematics. With respect to English language, an IELTS overall band score of 5.0 and a score of at least 4.5 in each sub-test will be considered as satisfactory.
Additional classes will be offered to students in order to improve their IELTS score to at least an overall Score of 6.5 and above during the programme. Unless a student already possesses an IELTS overall score of 6.5, all students will be required to register for and attend the IELTS class, which is designed to improve English language skills of all IUFP students in preparation for degree study in the United Kingdom.
MCL uses a variety of traditional and modern methods, such as lectures, tutorials, group work, student presentations and internet resourced based learning
Several British Universities have recognised the IUFP as satisfying their entrance criteria for direct admittance into the first year of their degree programme(s).
These Universities include:
1. Aberystwyth University
2. University of Greenwich
3. University of Derby
4. University of Hertfordshire
5. Middlesex University
6. University of West London
7. University of Portsmouth
8. University of Southampton
9. University of Teesside
Students successfully completing the IUFP will progress to degree courses in the British Universities listed above because the Universities have either accredited the IUFP or signed a Progression Agreement with MCL.